We have all heard the role of passion when launching your business ideas but what exactly is passion and how does it come into play?
According to dictionary.com, it defines passion as ‘a strong or extravagant fondness, enthusiasm, or desire for anything’
According to Merriam Webster, passion is a strong feeling of enthusiasm or excitement for something or about doing something; while Wikipedia defines passion as an intense emotion, a compelling enthusiasm or desire for something.business ideas
All three sites are saying the same thing; therefore, passion is an important part of anything we decide to put our effort in.
Several times we’ve heard the saying; don’t start a business based on your passion. Sound advice and for good reasons, however, I would not advise you to start a business, especially if you have little experience, in an area where you have absolutely zero passion.
When you are passionate about something, even in the most little way, you will find a way to make that thing successful.click here
Now, I am not saying once you are passionate about something, go and start a business in that thing. Some people because they think they have unique business ideas, will immediately go to their bank account and withdraw the last penny to get started without doing proper feasibility studies.
That is not what I’m referring to when I talk about passion for building an online business. On the contrary, one of the major reason why you start an online business is to help people and make money, so if you are venturing in unchartered territory, you can still build passion right into it and start a business in that area.
When you are passionate about your online business idea, you will not mind:
· Working till 3am in the morning when everyone is in Disneyland taking their favorite jolly ride
· Working in a garage that is uninspiring (the view from high-rise office building is great!)
· Working from home even if the children want to scream down the roof and you still have to make dinner after a long day
· Looking for ways to cut down on other expenses so you can spend money on electricity and data bills
· Spending your last dime testing out a Facebook ads (always make sure you have enough savings for the basic amenitiesJ)
· Going to every local event for a shot at showcasing your business
· Spending hours building both online and offline relationships with people. Building relationships is work and can take hours of your time. Part of your relationship building activities will be leaving thoughtful comments on people’s post, stalking people at events (not in a creepy way), and paying money to get people’s courses.
· Joining different Facebook groups and contributing to the discussion
· Learning something new every day and doing Five things each and every day to move your business forward
· Spending hours digging books, taking courses and listening to podcasts
· Attending a webinar that drains your data (data cost good money)
Your passion is important when building an online business. It will help you focus even when you don’t want to be, and help you stay strong when you are this close to giving up.